CV Email Photo
I am a research scientist at Intel Labs, working in the Parallel Computing Laboratory in Tim Mattson's group. Before that, I was a PhD student in computer science at UC Berkeley advised by Kathy Yelick and Aydın Buluç. My research focuses on building new programming environments, libraries, and tools for high-performance computing.
- The Berkeley Container Library is a cross-platform C++ library of distributed data structures. I'm the main author of BCL, and have recently been working on building data structures for GPUs.
[ICPP'19] [Code] [Video]
- GraphBLAS is an API for implementing graph algorithms in the language of linear algebra. I'm working on the up-and-coming C++ API. [GrAPL'21] [Code] [Video]
- reple: "Replay-based" REPLs for compiled languages.
Provides interpreters for C, C++, MPI, UPC, UPC++, BCL, Go, Rust, and more.
- BUtil Clean C++ bindings for MPI. Also, a cool declarative syntax for point-to-point communication.
- Benjamin Brock "RDMA-Based Distributed Data Structures for Large Scale Parallel Systems," PhD Thesis, 2022. [ bib | preprint ]
- Benjamin Brock, Yuxin Chen, Jiakun Yan, John Owens, Aydın Buluç, and Katherine Yelick. "RDMA vs. RPC for Implementing Distributed Data Structures," to appear in Workshop on Irregular Applications: Architectures and Algorithms (IA3), 2019. [ bib | preprint ]
- Benjamin Brock, Aydın Buluç, and Katherine Yelick. "BCL: A Cross-Platform Distributed Data Structures Library," in Proceedings of the 48th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), 2019 [ bib | code | preprint ]
- Qijing Huang, Christopher Yarp, Sagar Karandikar, Nathan Pemberton, Benjamin Brock, Liang Ma, Guohao Dai, Robert Quitt, Krste Asanovic, and John Wawrzynek. "Centrifuge: Evaluating full-system HLS-generated heterogenous-accelerator SoCs using FPGA-Acceleration," in Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD). [ bib | pdf ]
- Michael Driscoll, Benjamin Brock, Frank Ong, Jonathan Tamir, Hsiou-Yuan Liu, Michael Lustig, Armando Fox, and Katherine Yelick. "Indigo: A Domain-Specific Language for Fast, Portable Image Reconstruction," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), 2018. [ bib | code | paper ]
Azzam Haidar, Benjamin Brock, Stanimire Tomov, Michael Guidry, Jay Jay Billings, Daniel Shyles, and Jack Dongarra. "Performance Analysis and Acceleration of Explicit Integration for Large Kinetic Networks using Batched GPU Computations," in Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE Conference on High Performance Extreme Computing (HPEC). [ bib | paper ]
Benjamin Brock, Andrew Belt, Jay Jay Billings, and Mike Guidry. "Explicit integration with GPU acceleration for large kinetic networks," in Journal of Computational Physics (JCP), 2015. [ bib | preprint ]